Chef Niklas Ekstedt will headline the new speciality restaurant Chef’s Garden Kitchen onboard MSC World Europa. The restaurant will feature an innovative menu full of fresh and natural ingredients for a farm-to-ocean concept. Brewmaster Teo Musso has worked with MSC Cruises to create an exclusive range of Oceanic craft beers brewed on board.
MSC Cruises has revealed two new partnerships that will enrich the food and beverage offering on the line’s upcoming flagship MSC World Europa.
Michelin-starred chef, TV personality and author Niklas Ekstedt has collaborated with MSC Cruises to design the menu for the specialty restaurant Chef’s Garden Kitchen, focussing on the natural ingredients and a farm-to-ocean ethos. This new restaurant will feature the first-at-sea hydroponic garden and guests will be treated to a uniquely immersive experience with the master chef preparing Ekstedt’s extraordinary creations in an open kitchen against a backdrop of panoramic sea views.
The Chef’s Garden Kitchen’s promises fresh and seasonal flavours, taking its cues from nature. Menu highlights include scallop ceviche, pickled kohlrabi, spruce, lingonberries, grapefruit or for a main dish seared Langoustine tails, carrots, finger lime, infused broth rounded off with a dessert of meringue, sea buckthorn, white chocolate, verbena.
The Masters of the Sea pub has long been a favourite spot to grab a quick bite and to delight in the extensive beer list, but this will be the first time that it features an onboard brewery. For this undertaking, it was essential for MSC Cruises to choose a partner that would understand the complexities of brewing under complicated conditions, as well as someone who understood the brand’s vision and philosophy.
Award-winning brewmaster Teo Musso, who created the Baladin Farm Brewery, has worked with MSC Cruises to create a bespoke range of MSC signature craft beers that will be brewed at sea in the ship’s full-scale micro-brewery. The brewery will produce and serve the range of ‘Oceanic’ beers made with desalinated sea water exclusively on board, offering a pils, a bitter and a wheat beer, to be enjoyed alongside classic pub snacks.
A tempting array of restaurants, bars and lounges
MSC World Europa rounds up her list of gustatory venues with seven brand new bar and lounge concepts, as well as new dining locations, including:
- Coffee Emporium. This sleek and modern coffee house is a coffee connoisseur’s dream.
- Raj Polo Tea House takes a step back in time to turn-of-the-century India, where Indian and English tea traditions converge in a relaxing tropical setting.
- The Gin Project is a must-stop shop for gin aficionados with over 70 craft gins, with classic cocktails expertly prepared by gin-tenders along with a vintage Crawley’s shaker.
- Elixir – Mixology Bar is THE “It Bar” for cool and edgy cocktails, with expert mixologists creating handcrafted concoctions, featuring delicious Fever Tree mixers.
- Fizz – Champagne Bar elevates the bubbles experience from previous ships with a dedicated sumptuous lounge, offering an elegant atmosphere to enjoy decadent Champagne.
- La Pescaderia offers a fresh selection of seafood in a market-style setting, complete with a fresh fish display, where guests may choose their whole fish or from a selection of takeaway options. The restaurant prepares traditional seafood, complemented with a variety of Mediterranean mezze, and includes outdoor patio seating.
- Luna Park Pizza & Burger is a casual buffet, featuring bright ambiance and inventive design elements for all ages. The interactive experience includes family games and a fun menu featuring classic American fare from “coney dogs” and salted pretzels to funnel cake.
MSC World Europa will welcome her first guests from December 2022. She will spend her inaugural season in the Arabian Gulf region, providing the ultimate winter sun cruise experience, when guests will enjoy 7-night cruises from Dubai. The ship will sail to the nearby modern metropolis of Abu Dhabi, on to Sir Bani Yas Island, Dammam in Saudi Arabia and the breath-taking Al Ahsa oasis, a UNESCO World Heritage site, before heading to futuristic Doha, Qatar, and returning to Dubai with an overnight in the city to discover all the marvels it has to offer.
Departing Dubai on March 25, 2023, MSC World Europa will head to the Mediterranean Sea. In summer 2023, she will offer 7-night cruises calling at the Italian ports of Genoa, Naples and Messina, as well as Valletta in Malta, Barcelona in Spain and Marseille in France.
For more information about MSC World Europa and itineraries visit MSC Cruises.