Princess Cruises has announced its two newest ships, the 3,660-guest Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess, will feature a new jazz lounge, ‘Take 5’.
Opening on Sky Princess when she launches in October 2019 and Enchanted Princess in June 2020 in Southampton, Take 5 will be the only jazz theatre at sea. Guests on board Princess Cruises‘ new cruise ships will be able to listen to live performances as well as enjoy after-hours parties and take part in dance lessons.
Themed music will also appear including:
· A Night in Harlem: Sounds of the 1920s will transport guests to the underground world of the speakeasy in the heart of New York City with sounds of the prohibition era. Featured artists include King Oliver’s Creole Jazz Band, New Orleans Rhythm Kings, Original Dixieland Jazz Band and Charles “Buddy” Bolden
· The Birth of Big Band and BeBop: Showcasing the late 1940s, post-war jazz and the birth of BeBop with the amazing speed and technical ability of these incredible musicians. Music from Charlie Parker, Coleman Hawkins and Dexter Gordon will fill the air while costumed bow-tied-wearing staff deliver classic cocktails
· The Way You Look Tonight: Celebrates women of jazz throughout history and how these legendary vocalists and instrumentalistschanged musical history. Guests can expect tunes from Ella Fitzgerald to Billie Holiday to Norah Jones
· Toda La Noche – Fiery Afro-Cuban Jazz: A journey through the Caribbean celebrates the spicy rhythms of Afro-Cuban jazz with classic beats spanning Latin, European and African American influences. Before the show, guests can take salsa lessons to popular Buena Vista Social Club covers. Featured artists include Tito Puente, Irakere and Dizzy Gillespie. The night ends with an invite back for a ‘descarga’ jam session
· A Sophisticated Evening of Cool: Featuring the cool jazz sounds of the 1950s, guests will enjoy an American jazz road trip with sounds from New York to California. Musical legends like Miles Davis, Chet Baker and John Lewis will feature
· Contemporary Directions – A Festival of Jazz: Featuring local artists from the various destinations the ships sail and the recent decades of jazz music
Princess Cruises previously announced Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess will introduce some exciting new features. These include two ‘Sky Suites’ offering the largest balconies at sea, new dining options and an escape room.
The on-demand services of guests’ individual OceanMedallion makes it even easier for them to order their food and drinks via their smart device to wherever they are sitting, ensuring that they can sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. To learn more about the benefits of Princess Cruises’ OceanMedallion visit OceanMedallion, the cruise industry’s most advanced wearable device.
For more information or to book visit www.princess.com.