August 1st marks the 100-day countdown to the launch of MSC Grandiosa. On November 9th, TV star Michelle Hunziker will host a glamorous show to officially welcome MSC Cruises’ first Meraviglia-Plus ship to the fleet.
MSC Cruises developed the Meraviglia generation ships to meet every need of today’s cruise guest. MSC Grandiosa will become the Italian cruise line’s new flagship and the largest ship in the fleet, offering the richest array of facilities and services to date.
With 11 dining venues, 21 bars and lounges, world-class entertainment, an authentic Mediterranean-style promenade at the heart of the ship and much more – MSC Grandiosa really is the ideal ship for any guest.
1. A SHIP FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
In line with MSC Cruises environmental stewardship programme founded on a deep commitment to ecological principles, MSC Grandiosa pushes the boundaries of cruise ship environmental performance, featuring some of the latest environmental systems and innovative marine technology. The ship operates with significantly increased energy efficiency and is equipped with state-of-the-art recycling facilities and waste management systems, as well as advanced technology for cleaner ship emissions.
2. MSC FOR ME AND ZOE
After debuting on MSC Bellissima earlier this year, ZOE, developed in partnership with HARMAN international and Samsung Electronics, is MSC Cruises’ industry-leading voice-enabled artificial intelligence (AI) that will be found in every cabin on MSC Grandiosa as part of the MSC for Me digital ecosystem. Speaking seven languages, she can answer hundreds of questions about the cruise and give information about onboard facilities, help book services and provide guidance and suggestions.
In addition to ZOE, guests will be able to take advantage of a number of other new MSC for Me features including guest-to-guest chat via the MSC for Me app and a Friends and Family Locator service. Guests will also be able to browse and purchase pre-paid packages at the best prices before the start of the cruise.
3. OUTSTANDING DINING OPTIONS
Alongside three main restaurants serving refined Mediterranean cuisine and an international buffet, guest can book four speciality restaurants:
- HOLA! Tapas Bar welcomes guests into a Spanish-inspired culinary experience created by the renowned 2-starred Michelin chef Ramón Freixa. The warm 150 m2, 56-seat restaurant offers a convivial atmosphere to share plates and celebrate the Mediterranean lifestyle.
- L’ATELIER BISTROT is a French bistro that celebrates la joie de vivre with a selection of savoury snacks such as tartars, charcuterie and cheese selections, as well as larger traditional French dishes such Boeuf Bourguignon, Steak Tartar and duck confit.
- BUTCHER’S CUT is perfect for meatlovers. The successful modern American steakhouse concept seen onboard all of the latest MSC Cruises ships joins MSC Grandiosa, with a chance for guests to observe the skills of a master butcher in an open-front kitchen. With a selection of craft beers, bold American wines and elaborate cocktails in a rustic décor filled with Americana, this specialty restaurant is a true feast for the senses.
- KAITO TEPPANYAKI AND SUSHI BAR, these restaurants offer modern East-West cooking style of Japanese cuisine on four teppanyaki grills, where chefs delight and entertain guests with spectacular flips and tricks, while preparing authentic, mouth-watering meals. Next door, master sushi chefs prepare the freshest sushi, sashimi and tempura at sea overlooking the bustling promenade.
4. TWO BRAND NEW CIRQUE DU SOLEIL AT SEA SHOWS
MSC Grandiosa will be the third MSC Cruises ship to feature Cirque du Soleil at Sea, with two brand new, contrasting shows designed exclusively for MSC Cruises and only available on MSC Grandiosa. Exclusive shows have already delighted guests aboard MSC Meraviglia and MSC Bellissima as part of the long-standing partnership with Cirque du Soleil.
5. LUXURIOUS MSC YACHT CLUB
With glamorous suites and 24-hour butler service, the MSC Yacht Club is in a class of its own. This “ship within a ship” concept offers guests a place to eat, drink, swim and sunbathe in a lavish, private club atmosphere while enjoying access to all the recreation opportunities offered throughout the ship. A total of 95 exclusive suites, located in the prestigious foredecks of the ship, offer views like no other. With Egyptian cotton sheets, memory foam mattresses and a complimentary mini bar, guests can expect to be pampered to their hearts’ desire.
After her naming ceremony #GreatnessAtSea, as MSC Cruises‘ newest flagship is nicknamed,will embark on her maiden voyage from Hamburg to her new home port of Genoa. During her first sailing MSC Grandiosa will call in Southampton (UK), Lisbon (Portugal), Barcelona (Spain) and Marseille (France). From November 23 on Grandiosa will offer 7-night sailings in the Mediterranean visiting Civitavecchia, Palermo, Valletta, Barcelona and Marseille.
2 thoughts on “Five reasons why you will love MSC Grandiosa”
Which is why I can’t wait to get on board in April 2020!
We are pretty sure you will discover more than five reasons to love Grandiosa during your cruise. We llok forward to hear all about them!