Oceania Cruises has celebrated the float out of its new luxury cruise ship, Vista. The ceremony took place on February 25th at the Fincantieri shipyard in Sestri Ponente, Italy. Shortly after the ceremony, held in full compliance with current health regulations, the massive building dock began filling with water and Vista became one with the sea for the very first time.
Presiding over the ceremony were Giuseppe Torrente, Shipyard Director for Fincantieri; and His Excellency Monsignor Tasca, Archbishop of Genoa. After the blessing of the ship, the shipyard’s Madrina, Miss Anna Trucco, released a bottle of prosecco against the hull to invite good fortune for the ship and all those that will sail on her.
“Vista is Oceania Cruises’ most anticipated ship in the history of our company, and I am thrilled to be here with our partners from Fincantieri as the ship morphs from blueprints and steel into reality. Vista is truly a ship of dreams, and we cannot wait to welcome her inaugural season guests next year,” stated Howard Sherman, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
Vista will be approximately 67,000 tons and able to accommodate 1,200 passengers on board, assisted by 800 crew members, for a ratio of three to two. The interiors have been designed with a
blend of grand and welcoming spaces to deliver the company’s signature small cruise ship luxury experience, but with a fresh, new interpretation.
Some of the highlights onboard Vista include:
- 12 dining options, four of them brand-new
- 1,200 guests served by 800 crew members = two crew members for every three guests
- The most spacious standard staterooms at sea – more than 290 square feet
- All Penthouse Suites and staterooms feature large bathrooms with oversized rainforest showers
- All Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites feature luxurious soaking tubs
- Palatial Owner’s Suites and top-of-ship Library styled exclusively in Ralph Lauren Home
- New Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms for solo travelers
- Eight bars, lounges, and entertainment venues
- Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center and Aquamar Spa Terrace
- Staffed Concierge and Executive Lounges for Concierge Staterooms and Suites, respectively
Vista will sail her maiden voyage from Rome to Barcelona on April 14, 2023, followed by twelve additional European voyages prior to commencing sailings from the United States to the Canadian Maritimes and New England, the Panama Canal, and the Caribbean.