Explora Journeys, the new luxury lifestyle travel brand of the MSC Group, has unveiled its first year of journeys. From May 2023, EXPLORA I will take guests to a harmonious mix of both well-known and off the beaten path destinations.
New luxury lifestyle brand Explora Journeys has shared details of its inaugural season. The Inaugural Journeys Collection features a collection of journeys that offer the perfect blend of celebrated destinations and lesser travelled ports. The Inaugural Journeys Collection covers the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the UK, Iceland, Greenland, Canada, the U.S. East Coast, Caribbean, South America and Hawaii.
In its inaugural year EXPLORA I will visit 132 ports in 40 different countries, including two destinations – Kastellorizo, Greece and Saint Pierre, Martinique – that have not been visited by cruise ships before. Sailings start from 6-night journeys and culminate in a 44-night Grand Journey
Seamless and efficient booking process
Explora Journeys provides a seamless and efficient booking process for guests who can choose their preferred way to book either via their preferred travel advisor, contacting an Ambassador at the Explora Journeys` Experience Centre or reserving their dream journey now also online through Explora Journeys’ website.
Michael Ungerer, the CEO of Explora Journeys, commented “This is one more step forward in our development of a truly defining and highly desired, luxury lifestyle brand. It’s another step completed in our go-to-market approach. Having launched initially exclusively to travel advisors, we are now delighted to give our guests the option to book their journeys online, should they wish to do so.
Mr Ungerer added, “EXPLORA I and our subsequent three ships will allow guests to enjoy a more immersive, authentic experience and a slower pace of travel. They are designed to offer refined yet effortless luxury with the opportunity for exploration and transformation, offering our guests the chance to experience what we call an ‘Ocean State of Mind’ – a mindset that can be achieved when we escape to the ocean, relax, create memories and reconnect with what matters most in our lives.”
Explora Journeys aims to transform ocean luxury travel through a synergy of beautiful ships and immersive, remarkable itineraries to provide its guests with the opportunity to discover further, travel deeper and linger a little longer at each destination.
Whether that’s treading the cobbled streets of Europe’s hallowed capitals and exploring the ancient Acropolis; navigating the crystalline cool of the Norwegian fjords sailing to the Svartisen Glacier. Or, savouring French chic in Saint Barth’s, lolling beneath Hawaiian waterfalls and soaking up the sun kissed shores of Brazil’s buzzing Rio de Janeiro, Explora Journeys plans to offer exclusive access far beyond the classic luxury ocean experience.
Explora Journeys’ inaugural destinations
MEDITERRANEAN – May – June 2023
A Maiden Journey into Mare Nostrum
- Barcelona, St Tropez, Calvi (Corsica), Rome, Fiskardo (Kefalonia), Istanbul, Athens
Mediterranean Grand Journey
- Barcelona, St Tropez, Calvi (Corsica), Rome, Fiskardo (Kefalonia), Istanbul, Athens, Patmos, Bodrum, Kastellorizo, Santorini, Athens, Mykonos, Gozo, Ibiza, Barcelona
Mediterranean and Western Europe destinations
- Barcelona, St Tropez, Calvi (Corsica), Rome, Fiskardo (Kefalonia), Istanbul, Athens, Patmos, Bodrum, Kastellorizo, Santorini, Mykonos, Gozo, Ibiza, Malaga, Cadiz, Portimão, Lisbon, Porto, St. Jean-de-Luz, Bordeaux, S aint-Malo, Honfleur
NORTHERN EUROPE – July – August 2023
Epic Fjords and Arctic Circle
- Southampton, Kristiansand, Hellesylt/Geiranger, Ålesund, Molde, Trondheim, Svartisen Glacier and Arctic Circle, Narvik, Honningsvåg, Tromsø
Northern Europe Grand Journey
- Southampton, Kristiansand, Hellesylt/Geiranger, Ålesund, Molde, Trondheim, Svartisen Glacier and Arctic Circle, Narvik, Honningsvåg, Tromsø Leknes – Lofoten Islands, Brønnøysund, Flåm, Bergen, Stavanger, Skagen, Copenhagen, Rønne, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Visby, Riga, Klaipeda, Gdansk, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Oslo, Stavanger, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Bruges, Southampton.
UNITED KINGDOM – August 2023
Scottish Lochs and the Military Tattoo
- Southampton, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Invergordon, Stornoway, Oban, Liverpool, Glasgow
Extended United Kingdom Journey
- Southampton, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Invergordon, Stornoway, Oban, Liverpool, Glasgow, Fort William, Portree, Kirkwall, Lerwick – Shetland Islands, Thorshavn – Faroe Islands, Reykjavik
ICELAND & GREENLAND – September 2023
rctic Geysers, Calving Glaciers and Fiery Lands of Ice
- Reykjavik, Akureyri, Isafjordur, Prins Christian Sund Waterway, Paamiut, Nuuk, Qaqortoq, Strait of Belle Island, Sydney, Saint John, New York City
Extended Iceland to North America Journey
- Reykjavik, Akureyri, Isafjordur, Prins Christian Sund Waterway, Paamiut, Nuuk, Qaqortoq, Strait of Belle Island, Sydney, Saint John, New York City, Newport, Boston, Saint John, Gulf of St. Lawrence, Quebec City
USA EAST COAST & CANADA – September – October 2023
Atlantic Provinces and Canadian Maritimes
- New York City, Newport, Boston, Saint John, Gulf of St. Lawrence, Quebec City
Extended North American East Coast Journey
- New York City, Newport, Boston, Saint John, Gulf of St. Lawrence, Quebec City, La Baie, Baie-Comeau, Havre-Saint-Pierre, Charlottetown, Halifax, New York City
CARIBBEAN – November 2023 – March 2024
A Yachtsmans Paradise
- Miami, Key West, Spanish Town, Deshaies, Falmouth Harbour, San Juan
British Isles, Creole Idylls & Miami Magic
- San Juan, Gustavia, Basseterre, Samana, Ocean Cay, Miami
Panama Canal Passage
- Bridgetown, Kralendijk, Willemstad, Oranjestad, Cartagena, Puerto Limon, Crossing the Panama Canal, Panama City
- Miami, Key West, Spanish Town, Deshaies, Falmouth Harbour, San Juan, Gustavia, Basseterre, Samana, Ocean Cay, St. John`s (Antigua and Barbuda), Castries, Bridgetown, Roseau, Kralendijk, Willemstad, Saint-Pierre, Kingstown, Grand Turk (Turks and Caicos), Santa Marta, Cartagena, Colón, Soufriere, Bequia (Saint Vincent an the Grenadines), Oranjestad
SOUTH AMERICA, PACIFIC COAST AND HAWAII
Celebrating two Carnivals in Brazil – January – February 2024
- Bridgetown, Devil`s Island, Fortaleza, Salvador De Bahia, Rio de Janeiro, Pôrto Belo, São Paulo
Pacific Coast destinations – March – April 2024
- Quepos, San Juan del Sur, Puerto Quetzal, Puerto Vallarta, Ca bo San Lucas, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Astoria, Victoria, Vancouver
Inaugural Hawaiian Journeys – April – May 2024
Hawaiis Volcanos & the Magic of Kai
- Vancouver, Hilo, Honolulu
“NO KA ‘OI” of Hawaii
- Honolulu, Lahaina, Nawiliwili, Victoria, Vancouver
Extended Hawaiin Journey
- Vancouver, Hilo, Honolulu, Lahaina, Nawiliwili, Victoria, Vancouv
For more details and bookings visit Explora Journeys.