Holland America Line is introducing a new category of extended destination-in-depth voyages. The Legendary Voyages, ranging from 25-59 days, travel the world with many departures from a U.S. homeport.
Holland America Line is globally recognized as an expert in longer voyages, and to commemorate its historic 150th Anniversary in 2023 the cruise line is introducing extended Legendary Voyages. These lengthier cruises, which range from 25 to 59 days, combine the ceremony of Holland America Line’s Grand Voyages with itineraries that feature a comprehensive collection of ports that enrich the experience in each destination.
Most of Holland America Line’s Legendary Voyages sail roundtrip or to/from a North American homeport, allowing travelers to see the world from their doorstep with a convenient domestic flight and easy embarkation. The itineraries are offered on a variety of the line’s perfectly sized ships, bringing guests to Australia and New Zealand, the Amazon and South America, South Pacific and Hawaii, Greenland and Iceland, Asia, Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
“As the leader in long itineraries, Holland America Line is excited to continue to connect our deployment and onboard programming to further enrich the guest experience,” said Kacy Cole, vice president of marketing and e-commerce, Holland America Line. “The destination-rich itineraries found on Legendary Voyages are carefully crafted to allow guests to linger longer and enjoy the journey as well as the destination. With many departures from North America, this creates yet another way for our guests to see the world from their doorstep.”
Highlights of Legendary Voyages
- Three Legendary Voyages are new itineraries for Holland America Line:
- 28-day Arctic Circle Solstice that heads north to the Arctic Circle and features 11 calls in Alaska, including lesser-visited ports like Nome and Homer.
- 53-day Majestic Japan with 21 total ports, 13 calls throughout Japan and overnights at Yokohama (Tokyo) and Kobe.
- 28-Day Coral Triangle, Volcanoes and The Great Barrier Reef that explores 10 ports in five countries, with scenic cruising in the famed Great Barrier Reef, Torres Strait, and past the Kumba and Krakatau volcanoes.
- Destination-rich itineraries focus on a singular region, visiting some of the most unique ports while offering guests an in-depth exploration.
- Guests will enjoy the ‘best of’ Grand Voyages on-board programming to further enhance each Legendary Voyage with experiences such as iconic theme parties memorable sailaways and classic cruise activities.
- Shipboard programming is specially curated to share insights into the history and culture of the destinations visited.
- Guests have more time in port to experience the nightlife with overnight stays in marquee ports including Anchorage, Alaska; Hobart, Tasmania; Honolulu, Hawaii; Manaus, Brazil; Moorea, French Polynesia; Papeete, Tahiti; Reykjavík, Iceland; and Yokohama (Tokyo) and Kobe, Japan.