Carnival Cruise Line has unveiled several exciting new food and beverage concepts for its highly anticipated Mardi Gras. The new dining and bar spots include Street Eats, RedFrog Tiki Bar and The Watering Hole, as well as a Big Chicken restaurant by Carnival’s Chief Fun Officer Shaquille O’Neal.
Great food and beverage experiences are at the core of any cruise holiday, and to provide guests sailing on the upcoming Mardi Gras the most diverse options possible Carnival‘s culinary and beverage teams have designed an unprecedented variety of food and beverage outlets.
Carnival has designed Mardi Gras in six exciting and distinctive zones for 100% fun. For more details visit “Life is a rollercoaster of fun on board Mardi Gras”
New Food and Beverage Concepts in Lido and Summer Landing Zones
- The open-air eatery Street Eats will bring the ready-to-eat nature of street food to the seas with three themed kiosks offering fried, steamed and plancha (skillet) delicacies. Representing a variety of global cuisines and located next to Seafood Shack, the quick, grab-and-go venue will offer a daily rotating menu. Small plates such as empanadas or falafel will be available at the fried station, bao buns or siu mai at the steam outlet and kebabs or satay at the plancha venue. And the best part – Street Eats’ ever-changing options are free of charge.
- RedFrog Tiki Bar – designed to transport guests to a South Pacific paradise, the new two-level RedFrog Tiki Bar is a twist on Carnival’s popular poolside bar with playful, rum-based cocktails in an island-inspired atmosphere decked out with tiki heads, floral patterns and vibrant colours. Steps away from Guy’s Burger Joint, guests can wash down hand-crafted burgers with refreshing cocktails – such as the Polynesian Punch, Red’s Rum Runner Jumper and Jungle Bird – creatively presented in pineapples, souvenir tiki glasses and Mai Tai glasses with elaborate garnishes.
- The Watering Hole – situated within The Patio at Summer Landing, The Watering Hole is modelled on a fun backyard gathering spot and is the perfect space for guests to unwind, grab a cocktail and enjoy sweeping sea views. The bar will boast a wide beer selection including Carnival’s own canned and draft brews, as well as refreshing summer-inspired sips such as the Watermelon Cooler and Tequila Sunset.
Big Chicken Restaurant by Shaquille O’Neal
Mardi Gras will also feature the second Big Chicken restaurant at sea created by Carnival Chief Fun Officer and NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal. Already winning over fans on land at its Las Vegas venue and debuting on Carnival Radiance in 2020, Big Chicken will be located aft on Lido Deck. The all-inclusive breakfast, lunch and dinner menus will also give guests a glimpse into O’Neal’s family traditions as all menu items will be developed and taste-tested by the star himself and based on his favourite recipes.
Additional Dining, Entertainment, Recreation and Relaxation Options
Mardi Gras takes Carnival’s two-deck-high Lido zone to new levels with:
- The largest Guy’s Burger Joint in the fleet developed by Food Network personality Guy Fieri, New England-inspired Seafood Shack, Mexican-themed eatery BlueIguana Cantina and the Lido Marketplace with an extensive array of international favourites.
- Mid-ship Beach Pool and an infinity Aft Tides Pool with a bar, ample seating and sweeping ocean views. Here, guests can enjoy exciting entertainment such as legendary deck parties and Dive-in Movies at the Carnival Seaside Theater.
Designed as the ultimate chill spot for fun in the sun, Summer Landing will be home to:
- An expansive outdoor deck area with an infinity pool and two whirlpools.
- A sports bar featuring both indoor and outdoor television screens.
- Hang-out space with cornhole, trivia, arts and crafts, dance classes and more.
- Expanded Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse offering smoked-on-board favourites and an assortment of Carnival’s ParchedPig craft beers brewed on site and developed by the line’s in-house beverage team, as well as a large stage for live music.
Carnival’s new flagship will feature more than 180 suites across 11 styles, including the new premium category Carnival Excel suites with select amenities and access to Loft 19, a new resort-style, open-air enclave. For a closer look at the new suites onboard Mardi Gras visit “The Excellent suite life on board Carnival Mardi Gras“
Mardi Gras is currently under construction at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Turku, Finland, and is scheduled to enter service in Europe on 31st August 2020, before repositioning to New York for a series of voyages. The ship will then move to Port Canaveral for year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises beginning in October 2020.