After a first World Cruise – set for 2019 – MSC Cruises is planning a second voyage around the world. Early January 2020 MSC Magnifica will set sail for a 117-day trip visiting more than 40 ports of call in 23 countries.
“Following the highly successful launch of our first MSC World Cruise last year, due to set to sail in January 2019, we are now delighted to open sales for a new world cruise for 2020 developed to offer guests experiences and destinations that they will never forget. In addition, the experience onboard MSC Magnifica – one of the jewels of our fleet – has been designed to reflect the cultures and cuisines of the countries that the ship visits, giving guests the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in a true around the world voyage of discovery both on board and on shore.” – Gianni Onorato, chief executive officer of MSC Cruises
The 2020 MSC World Cruise boasts a new itinerary that includes more exotic, bucket-list destinations than ever before, with more than 40 ports of call and 23 countries. With four different embarkation ports and dates to kick off the three-month voyage, travelers can select their ideal starting point for a more customized vacation experience. Guests will make their travel dreams come true by crossing the globe without ever needing to leave the comfort of their staterooms on board MSC Magnifica.
Guests embarking from Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th of January 2020 respectively will cross five continents on a 117-day voyage of discovery to some of the world’s most talked-about destinations. To offer even more opportunities to explore, eight destinations will include an overnight stay in port, giving guests up to two days to experience the local attractions, cuisine and unique atmosphere.
For more on MSC Magnifica read MSC Magnifica – a visit
The 2020 MSC World Cruise will visit 43 destinations, many of which are brand new, exotic destinations including:
- Ushuaia, Argentina – As the most southern city in the world, this Argentinian fishing village offers stunning water scenery with often snow-topped mountains
- Rapa Nui / Easter Island – This island is famed globally for its unique collection of carved-stone figurines dating back to the 13th century
- Darwin, Australia – Located at the northern tip of the country, the region allows guest to experience the true Australia – beaches, lagoons, sports and local wildlife, all within close proximity
- Valparaiso, Chile – This city is famed for its small colored houses on its coastal hills, and guests can get a spectacular view out into the Pacific or explore the city, searching for its photo-worthy murals
- Mumbai/Bombay, India – The bustling city of Mumbai (previously called Bombay) offers smells, tastes and sights around every cornerSalalah, Oman – With multiple waterfalls, exotic lush flora and unusual animals, this stop will be hard to forget
To allow guests to get closer to the action, discover new cultures and visit unique locations the 2020 MSC World Cruise includes 15 complimentary shore excursions.
Highlights of these excursions include:
- ‘Turtle Bay’ in the Isle of Pines – New Caledonia – where it will be easy to understand the reason for the name. Participants can swim up-close and personal with two different breeds of turtles as well as possibly other marine life such as stingrays, manta rays, sharks and dolphins
- In Aqaba visitors can explore the ancient city of Petra in the middle of the Jordanian desert and traverse the narrow cut-through ravine revealing the famous rose-red rock carved temple
- In Port Kelang, Kuala Lumpur, travelers can reach the peak of one of the world’s most famous (and tallest) skyscrapers, the Kuala Lumpur Tower. From the top, guests can take in the breathtaking city views from above and capture the perfect vacation photos
To make the most of this trip around the world guests, who are not already an MSC Voyagers Club member but are in possession of a loyalty card from another leading travel reward programme, can join the MSC Voyagers Club at a similar or higher level thanks to MSC Status Match.
For more information on MSC Voyagers Club and how you can become an instant VIP visit MSC Voyagers Club – instant VIP
During the World Cruise guests will benefit from:
- A complimentary Mealtime Restaurant Drinks Package and a 30% reduction on all laundry services
- More than 90 shows performed in the ship’s Royal Theatre, including 30 Broadway-style shows and a wide range of live music, including acts inspired by the itinerary
- A comprehensive activity schedule with theme evenings, language classes, cultural guest speakers and much more