MSC Cruises has announced that MSC Lirica will homeport in Venice and serve a brand-new, exciting itinerary in the East Mediterranean for the Summer 2018 season.
“Guest demand for cruise vacations in the Mediterranean continues to be strong. We have particularly seen boosted interest in the Eastern Mediterranean, with destinations such as the Greek islands and Croatia really capturing the imagination of travelers. This is why – as MSC Cruises is the leading brand when it comes to Europe and the Mediterranean – we are pleased to announce that as of today, guests are able to book cruises on MSC Lirica, offering an exciting itinerary that we have never offered before. This means that our guests will now have the greatest choice of summer cruises in the region in the always popular East Mediterranean, with a total of four ships in the region – now including MSC Lirica.” – Gianni Onorato, CEO of MSC Cruises
The first-time itinerary to be offered by MSC Lirica will offer embarkation in the romantic city of Venice or beautiful Bari, Italy, calling at some of some of the most charming destinations in the Eastern Mediterranean:
- Guests can enjoy a full day visit to the world-renowned Greek island of Mykonos which is known for its striking contrasts, lively streets that give way to serene beaches, relaxed restaurants and iconic whitewashed buildings
- Travelers can see the Heraklion fortress, which marks the gateway to Greece’s largest island, Crete, filled with clean-sand beaches and the white mountain backdrop containing the Ideon Cave, the – according to Greek mythology – birthplace of Zeus
- Cruisers can enjoy an extended stay experiencing Venetian, French and British style influences in Corfu or escape to the city’s stunning coastline with crystal-clear seas and rugged cave-specked rocks
- Visitors can nearly travel back in time within the enclosed 16th century old town of Dubrovnik and take the cable car up the mountain to see this stunning city from above
- Visitors can see the beautiful port town of Bari, perched on the side of the Adriatic Sea, offering rich history and picturesque golden-sanded cays all within walking distance
MSC Cruises is not only offering guests a brand new itinerary, but also more time to explore some of these amazing destinations with extended visits, including a longer stay in Corfu and a full day ashore in Mykonos, offering guests plenty of time to experience these unique ports of call.
MSC Lirica was totally refurbished in 2015 as part of MSC Cruises’ $220 million Renaissance Program. The ship offers spacious accommodations to meet every need, with balcony staterooms offering superb panoramic ocean views.
For those looking for fine dining options, MSC Lirica features four distinctive restaurants and a plentiful buffet, serving the best of Mediterranean and international cuisines. To enjoy a pre-dinner or pre-theater drink, guests can step inside a variety of stylish bars and lounges, including the Beverly Hills Bar and traditional English-style Lord Nelson Pub. Entertainment is top-notch on board MSC Lirica, with exclusive, world-class performances presented in the Broadway Theatre.
Families can find activities for all ages with the help of prestigious partners like Chicco, LEGO and Namco. The ship offers play areas for families with children, starting with an exciting spray park packed with fun water features and five dedicated kids’ rooms.
MSC Lirica will offer this 7-night Eastern Mediterranean itinerary from April 6 to October 26, 2018. For more information visit www.msccruises.com