P&O Cruises newest ship Arvia will offer a range of shore experiences in the Caribbean which are not available on any other ship in the fleet.
When Arvia arrives in December 2022 she will offer a range of brand-new shore experinces in the Caribbean. The new shore experiences include explorations on electric scooters, all-inclusive stays in a beach resort, creating your own Batik and rum tastings.
Big wheel electric scooters – St Lucia
- Guests will have the opportunity to explore St Lucia’s rugged and picturesque northern coastline in an open-air journey on an eco-friendly electric scooter.
- The custom-built iRide scooters have powerful, fully electric motors that are charged by solar power.
- Sights include Rodney Bay Marina, the famous fishing village of Gros Islet and Pigeon Island National Landmark. While in Cap Estate, guests will be able to see stunning views from the Cas-en-Bas Viewpoint before visiting the centuries-old pirate haven of Rodney Bay.
All-inclusive Bayahibe beach resort – Dominican Republic
- For those looking for a more leisurely day, guests can soak up the laid-back atmosphere of the 5-star Be Live Collection Canoa resort in the picturesque fishing village of Bayahibe.
- In the well-manicured tropical setting, guests will have full access to the facilities which include a swimming pool, volleyball nets and the white, powdery sand of the private ‘Blue Flag’ beach.
- A beach towel, sun bed and lunch are all included, and there is an open bar available for cocktails and drinks.
Create your own Batik – St Kitts
- Guests can enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime experience of creating their own batik in the famous, ancestral home of Caribelle Batik.
- Caribelle Batik has a world-famous reputation for producing fine batik products made with quality one-of-a-kind fabrics. They use ancient, Indonesian dyeing methods to create their distinctive and unique designs.
- Guests will have the chance to watch expert artists at work while hearing full narration of the ancient art form and its history before they get the opportunity to roll up their sleeves and make their own unique souvenir.
Caribbean cuisine & rhum tasting – St Maarten
- Guests will have the opportunity to sample Caribbean cooking at its best and taste speciality rhums at the award-winning Topper’s Rhum Distillery in St Maarten.
- In Emilio’s Kitchen, guests can watch Chef prepare Caribbean-style cuisine, including breadfruit balls and fried local fish with Sauce Sousk, with all dishes fully explained.
- Dishes will then be served in a rustic 17th-century wine cellar, while guests enjoy a delicious T’punch cocktail.
- At the award-winning Topper’s Rhum Distillery guests will be welcomed with a homemade rhum punch, before having the opportunity to taste over 20 samples of rhum on the distillery tour and twelve small-batch speciality rhums from the rhum tap.
Bajan craft beer & rum tasting – Barbados
- The spirit of Barbados can be found at the Foursquare Rum Distillery which is located on a former sugar plantation which dates back to 1720.
- While there, guests will learn about the unique combination of artisanal processes and state-of-the-art techniques used to create the rich styles of rum, before enjoying a tasting session.
- A short drive will then guide guests to DreadHop Brewing, a local beer brewery dedicated to creating distinctive hand-crafted ales. Guests can find out about the large selection of ingredients used from around the world to produce a variety of beer styles, before sampling the fantastic brews with snacks.
Guests will also be able to enjoy a variety of existing, popular shore experiences, including exploring the region’s food and drink-related destinations, enjoying family activities like kayaking or snorkeling, or taking the opportunity to relax on a lounger at local beaches with stunning views.
Arvia will set sail for its maiden season of seven and 14-night fly/cruises from the UK to the Caribbean on January 6, 2023. During the season, Arvia will explore eight of the region’s idyllic islands including Antigua (Antigua and Barbuda), Bridgetown (Barbados, including an overnight stay), Curaçao (Curaçao), La Romana (Dominican Republic – a maiden port of call for P&O Cruises), Fort de France (Martinique), Basseterre (St Kitts), Castries (St Lucia) and St Maarten (Saint Maarten).