Seabourn has ushered in a new era of expedition travel with the launch of Seabourn Venture, its first ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ship.
While natural beauty, wildlife, and culture are at the heart of every expedition itinerary, guests will also find plenty to admire on board thanks to Seabourn Venture’s stunning design by Seabourn partner and iconic hospitality interiors atelier, Tihany Design.
“We are so proud and delighted with Seabourn Venture and the creative energy and input of Tihany Design,” said Seabourn President Josh Leibowitz. “We asked them to create and present designs that would be world-class and to set a new standard for expedition travel. Adam and Alessia have brought forward a vision of creating luxurious interior spaces that reflect the beauty of nature inside and outside the ship by using natural materials, colors and textures. They have established Seabourn Venture as the world’s most beautiful and luxurious expedition ship ever created.”
Gathering spaces inspired by the spirit of adventure
Tihany Design shaped a dozen public spaces throughout Seabourn Venture, each with a narrative of its own; some areas will be familiar to guests who have previously traveled with Seabourn, while others are brand new and contribute to the expeditionary ambiance and spirit of the ship.
Conceived with artistry and innovation, the interiors create an ambiance of relaxed sophistication and elegance, yet emanate the potent allure of the natural world. Hence, materials are intentionally tactile and elemental to evoke ruggedness, a spirit of adventure and the thrill of discovery, while artfully complementing Seabourn’s signature luxury and comfort. So, too, does the vessel’s bespoke custom furniture linewhich sets a new precedent for the next generation of design in the expedition cruise market.
- At the heart of Seabourn Venture is the Expedition Lounge, where guests convene before and after off-ship expeditions. Located on Deck 4, it is a warm, comfortable, and engaging setting with two fireplaces producing lifelike water vapor “flames,” a glass partition etched with a vintage map, and a full bar creating a cozy and enchanting environment for swapping stories of the day’s adventures and anticipating more to come. Custom furniture crafted from wood, wool, leather, and fur echoes the quality and craftsmanship of tools and instruments employed by early explorers.
- Right next door, the Discovery Center is the classroom of the ship, sized for every guest to be enriched with natural history and cultural programming at once. As warm and inviting as its neighbor, the design is inspired by the compelling landscape of Antarctica, incorporating a natural color palette and organic shapes of topography maps against the elegant curves of plush custom seating set before a large screen for immersive lectures and video experiences. The textured liquid metal wall covering is unique.
- A focal point on all Seabourn vessels, the Atrium connects all guest-area decks via an elegant staircase. On Seabourn Venture, the sky-lit space decked out in wood and metal finishes has details including rhythmically placed rope work and a topography-inspired liquid metal wall treatment. The diamond-shape floor pattern emphasizes a captivating artwork created at the base of the space, as well as a suspended light fixture, both of which emulate traditional instruments used to measure wind.
- Also known as ‘the Mud Room,’ the Landing Zone is the ship’s utility space where guests change, clean, and store boots and gear following excursions. Reimagined by Tihany Design as a comfortable setting of sleek, modern design, the Zone combines a durable material palette of floor tile, wood, and metal details with rivet accents to evoke the characteristics of luggage as well as the orange-tinged uniforms of the crew.
- The Restaurant on Seabourn Venture merges bold lines and shapes with softness reminiscent of falling snow. Leather wall paneling is brought to life with a unique three-dimensional diamond arrangement and visible stitching, while geometric carpeting in blue and purple surrounds a porcelain tile floor that recalls the natural sediment of a geode. Custom designed dining chairs produced by renowned Italian furniture manufacturer Roda echo craftsmanship throughout the ship with rich burgundy leather, textured fabric seat back, exposed rivet details, and wood frame. A wine display encased in bronze framed glass will inspire conversation as sophisticated as its inventory.
- The casual Colonnade dining space on Deck 5 takes inspiration from historic maritime design with a ceiling of riveted curved wood panels evoking the feel of a wooden hull of an early expedition ship, decorative metal plate details, wood flooring, and art displays of intricate nautical knots. Buffet stations are dressed up with three-dimensional textured tile and white stone countertops and set beneath a sleek copper ceiling for the feeling of a working kitchen. Guests are welcome to dine outside on the aft deck, home to an infinity-style pool, two Jacuzzis, and a pair of sculptural showers.
- A communal space housing the ship’s Concierge, Guest Services team members, and a charming café, Seabourn Square offers intimate gathering spaces decked out with outward facing, circular concierge desks, wood-backed scalloped banquettes, and lounge chairs by Tihany Design. Riveted leather wall panels echo the handcrafted details of the furniture, and an overlapping circular patterned ceiling recalls the symmetrical composition of a compass. Extending to the aft deck guests can grab a seat and or utilize one of the fixed Swarovski telescopes to soak up the views.
- The highest indoor viewing point on Seabourn Venture is the Constellation Lounge, with stunning, 270-degree views as far as guests’ eyes can see. Set on the top deck, its intimate interior is an ode to constellations, with a dark blue and red palette accented by silver and bronze metals and intricate stone floors, and lighting that generates a shimmering star-like pattern across the ceiling. A central bar is fashioned from faceted metal and stone and illuminated by a unique diamond-shaped lighting cove. Velvet banquettes and sling-back chairs by Tihany Design create a seductive and relaxed environment for enjoying the signature Seabourn live piano.
- The Bow Lounge on Deck 6 provides the closest access to the water via the foredeck, making it a prime destination to watch for marine life. Comfortable and engaging, the lounge is designed to mimic elements of the Captain’s bridge, with expansive windows and interactive monitors displaying updated information about the day at sea. Large screens project live footage from a drone outside, and smaller touch screens offer a live map, weather information and more.
- Finally, the ship’s Spa & Wellness integrates the design concept of a contemporary “floating forest,” with details such as a tree-inspired textured art mural, light wood and bronze material palette, and reception done up with live wood features. The fitness center and yoga areas feature an open wall of floor-to-ceiling windows for striking views looking out onto the world around you.
Suites designed for sweet dreams
Nothing prepares a Seabourn guest for an adventure like a luxurious night’s sleep, and to further that goal, the suite collection of Seabourn Venture is designed to comfort and inspire. Each of the 132 contemporary-style oceanfront suites feature thoughtfully crafted furniture, tactile materials, and bespoke details that capture the timeless luxury of travel and elevate the experience.
Parchment-inspired wall panels finished with digitally printed wall laminate material and curvilinear arch design elements reflect bygone maritime craftsmanship. Custom bedside panels have toggle switches, an analog clock, and a foldaway reading lamp, while carpeting displays organic shapes and furniture features wood frames, exposed rivet details, and bronze inlays. Wool blankets are also custom-designed, and throws on couches are made of soft, fine-textured, sustainably-sourced cashmere of the highest quality. The wardrobe is a “heat jacket,” for drying outdoor parkas speedily, and spacious bathrooms have a separate shower and bathtub with bronze fittings.