Holland America Line’s 2022 Culinary Cruises welcome celebrity chefs from its Culinary Council back on board. The special voyages feature cooking demonstrations and exclusive dinners.
Foodies and culinary novices alike, who are ready for a gastronomic adventure can set sail on a Holland America Line Culinary Cruise in 2022 with a member from the line’s Culinary Council. The celebrity chefs will share their expertise and secrets on everything from the correct way to make a sushi roll and how to perfectly temper chocolate to preparing seafood and creating a delicious sauce.
During each Culinary Cruise, guests will have the opportunity to attend cooking demonstrations led by the chefs, bring home recipes from each presentation and join an intimate reservation-only dinner at Pinnacle Grill, Rudi’s Sel de Mer or Nami Sushi, depending on the chef. Culinary Council chef signature dishes will be highlighted when available on all restaurant menus during the cruises.
“Holland America Line’s culinary program is guided by some of the world’s foremost talents, and no other cruise line has this level of experience from such a team of experts,” said Michael Stendebach, vice president of food, beverage and guest services, Holland America Line. “It’s not every day you learn a recipe directly from the famous chef who created it and hear their secrets to success in the kitchen. We have been eager to reengage our talented Culinary Council chefs to come back on board and offer guests this exclusive level of access.”
Holland America Line’s Culinary Council comprises a collection of elite chefs who bring global influence to the dining experience across the fleet. In addition to their featured recipes in the various on-board venues, one evening in the Dining Room on every cruise a special menu offers a collection of dishes from the Culinary Council members.
2022 Culinary Cruises
- Ethan Stowell – Westerdam, 7-Day Alaskan Explorer, Sept. 11-18, 2022, roundtrip from Seattle, Washington.
- Jacques Torres – Zaandam, 9-Day The Atlantic Coast, Oct. 1-10, 2022, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Rudi Sodamin – Koningsdam, 7-Day Mexican Riviera, Nov. 12-19, 2022, roundtrip from San Diego, California.
- David Burke – Nieuw Amsterdam, 7-Day Eastern Caribbean, Dec. 4-11, 2022, roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.
- Andy Matsuda – Nieuw Statendam, 10-Day Southern Caribbean Seafarer, Dec. 17-27, 2022, roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.
All events are complimentary excluding the specialty dinner. Each chef will be aboard their designated “Culinary Cruise” for four to ten days.