Since it’s launch in 1990 the symbol ‘X’ has been emblazoned on the funnels of Celebrity Cruises’ multi-award winning cruise ships. Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury and an upscale service onboard ships that feature exquisite dining, contemporary design and the world’s only finely manicured lawns at sea.
Stylish cruising and impeccable service
Since Celebrity Cruises’ first sailing in 1990, it has been recognized as an industry leader, praised for providing spacious, stylish interiors, dining experiences elevated to an art form, personalized service and trendsetting onboard activities designed to provide unique travel experiences.
The introduction of the Millenium Class – Celebrity Millenium, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Constellation – marked the start for a series of industry firsts, including specialty dining. In 2008 Celebrity’s stylish and widely heralded Solstice Class reinforced the premium cruise brand’s position as an industry leader. The five Solstice Class ships – Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection – exemplify Celebrity’s emphasis on designing stunning ships and inviting onboard experiences for vacationers who appreciate the finer things.
Celebrity’s Solstice Class also features the industry’s first ‘Lawn Club’, an outdoor, country club-like venue featuring a lawn of real, growing grass where guests can practice their putting, play lawn games like croquet and lawn bowling or simply relax under the sun and stars.
The Solstice Class ships also offer larger, more intuitive staterooms. In fact 90% of the ships’ staterooms offer outside views and 85% of staterooms have verandas. The AquaClass staterooms onboard are designed with spa enthusiasts in mind and offer a host of exclusive amenities such as unlimited access to the spa’s Persian Garden as well as Blu, a specialty restaurant with healthy dishes.
More recently, in 2018, Celebrity introduced the Edge Class. The first ship, Celebrity Edge, marked a revolution in the industry with its cutting-edge design and first-at-sea offerings. One of the ship’s most distinctive features is the floating Magic Carpet cantilevered off the ship’s side. The Magic Carpet invites guests to eat, drink and soar up to 16 decks above the sea. Edge also introduced staterooms with Infinite Verandas where, at the simple touch of a button, guests get open-air access to the sea, bringing the outside in and the inside out. Also new are the split-level Edge Villas, which offer stunning views from two stories of windows, private plunge pools and direct walk-out access to The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive area for suite guests. Celebrity Apex, the second ship in this class was recently delivered to the cruise line.
Celebrity Cruises also operates three smaller expedition ships that sail the beautiful Galapagos Islands. In 2019 the company welcomed Celebrity Flora. The first purpose-built ship for the islands featuring an outward-facing design which brings this typically remote destination closer to the 100 guests on board.
Dining on Celebrity’s ships is an exceptional experience, rivaling restaurants on land.
- Qsine is a one-of-a-kind restaurant featuring a “uniquely unordinary” approach to dining. Here Le Petit Chef, an animated 3D character, appears right on guest’s plates and prepares each course for a truly interactive, artistic experience.
- Murano allows for a savory, multi-course meal featuring a blend of classic and modern continental cuisine. Many selections on the menu are prepared tableside, making dining a truly spectacular event.
- Tuscan Grille is a sophisticated steakhouse and specialty restaurant that provides the ultimate grill experience at sea.
- The Lawn Club Grill (onboard Solstice Class ships) provides guests with an outdoor, interactive grill venue overlooking the lush lawn and soothing sea. Guests have the opportunity to choose to dine for lunch and dinner. Guests may also attend classes focused on pizza-making, grilling secrets, marinades and more.
- Blu is open to AquaClass stateroom guests. The specialty dining venue’s menu features fresh, flavorful and lighter fare. Guests can relax in an intimate, Mediterranean-themed atmosphere, while enjoying healthy, “clean cuisine” for breakfast and dinner.
- Luminae is the exclusive restaurant for suite guests offering complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant offers a culinary experience of modern, eclectic cuisine and extraordinary service.
- Sushi on Five, Celebrity’s modern luxury take on traditional Japanese fare, offers the opportunity to try fresh ground wasabi and premium, super-premium, and specialty sakes – selected by a sake sommelier. Onboard Celebrity Edge and Apex the restaurant is called Raw on Five.
Celebrity sails to Alaska, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Bermuda, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America.
For more than a decade, Celebrity has been bringing its guests to the unspoiled beauty of the Galapagos Islands. Early 2016 Celebrity Cruises extendid it’s fleet capacity by acquiring tour operator Ocean Adventures and its two ships, the 48-guest Celebrity Xperience and the 16-guest Celebrity Xploration. In May 2019 the cruise line introduced Celebrity Flora, the first purpose-built ship for the islands.