Norwegian Cruise Line is bringing the critically-acclaimed Scarpetta concept to Norwegian Encore with Onda by Scarpetta. The Italian restaurant will be the perfect complement to the variety of spectacular offerings available on the soon-to-launch Norwegian Encore.
The new restaurant onboard Norwegian Encore is the first of its kind, and will join the Scarpetta portfolio’s locations in New York, the Hamptons, N.Y., Miami, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Newport, R.I., and London.
Onda captures the core design aesthetic of the land-based Scarpetta restaurants, bringing natural materials such as walnut and calacatta gold marble together in effortlessly elegant harmony while delivering a balance of comfort and refinement created by a contemporary, minimalist, Italian aesthetic. The new venue will feature an elegant atmosphere, modern design and expansive views available from within the restaurant or while dining outdoors on The Waterfront.
The name Scarpetta is derived from the Italian expression, ‘fare la Scarpetta,’ which means to savor a meal to the last bite. Onda, or ‘wave’ in Italian, will adapt the same ethos and bring the charm and effortless elegance of its urbane Scarpetta sister to the sea.
The menu will showcase the rich and bold flavors the modern Italian restaurant is known for, including a selection of beautifully prepared seafood and signature dishes, such as Yellowtail Crudo,Branzino, pastas made in-house daily such as Scarpetta’s famous Spaghetti Tomato and Basil, and the very best desserts of the region, providing guests with a true ‘la dolce vita,’ or ‘the good life,’ experience.
Onda by Scarpetta will complete the variety of spectacular dining options on Norwegian Encore.
Many of the highly rated restaurants and lounges that have made the Breakaway Plus class one of the most innovative and successful in the company’s history will be present on Norwegian Encore. With over 34 venues to be enjoyed, the ship will offer an eclectic blend of culinary fare for every palate, including:
- American Diner, for all-American classics
- Cagney’s Steakhouse, serving premium cuts
- Food Republic, for a fusion of worldly flavors
- Le Bistro, serving the finest in French cuisine
- Los Lobos, for premium Mexican fare
- Ocean Blue, offering fresh seafood creations
- Q, serving authentic Texas barbecue
- Teppanyaki, for an entertaining Hibachi-style experience
- Garden Café, the three-meal buffet
- Main Dining Rooms – The Manhattan Room, Savor and Taste
- The Local Bar and Grill, for 24-hour pub fare
- The Haven Restaurant, exclusive to guests of The Haven by Norwegian
Sweets, Treats and More
- Coco’s, offering over-the-top sundaes, milkshakes, gelato and more
- Dolce Gelato on The Waterfront
- Starbucks, a full-service licensed store
- The Bake Shop, for French macarons, bonbons and cupcakes
Bars and Lounges
Similar to the incredible dining venues aboard, Norwegian Encore is sure to be a paradise for cocktail connoisseurs with curated concoctions by James Beard Award-nominee and Bar-Lab founder, Gabe Orta, and cocktails on tap by celebrity mixologist Kathy Casey. Venues include:
- The A-List Bar
- The Cellars – A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar
- The District Brew House
- Maltings Whiskey Bar
- Mixx Bar
- Skyline Bar
- Sugarcane Mojito Bar
- Observation Lounge Bar
- Vibe Beach Club, a two-story, adults-only lounge with private sun deck
Staying true to the vision of bringing guests closer to the ocean through the available experiences on board, the quarter-mile-long oceanfront promenade – The Waterfront, will offer outdoor dining and lounging at Cagney’s Steakhouse, Los Lobos, The Cavern Club, Dolce Gelato, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, Ocean Blue and the debuting Onda by Scarpetta.
For more information or to book a cruise visit www.ncl.com.