A new Alaska itinerary from Princess Cruises launching in 2024, combines the rugged beauty of the Great Land with awe-inspiring landscapes in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.
In 2024 Princess Cruises is introducing a new Alaska itinerary which combines the rugged beauty of the Great Land with awe-inspiring landscapes in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.
The new itinerary offers seven days exploring the incredible beauty of the Canadian Rockies on land, including scenic views aboard the Rocky Mountaineer, plus seven days at sea where guests can take in the stunning landscapes and abundant wildlife of Alaska from the comfort of a Princess Cruises ship.
Named The Heart of the Rockies plus Rail, the 14-night land and cruise tour includes either seven-nights on Royal Princess sailing from Vancouver to Anchorage, or seven-nights on Ruby Princess sailing roundtrip Vancouver.
Eithne Williamson, vice president of Princess Cruises UK & Europe, shares her excitement: “We often find our guests are looking to get the same great Princess service on land that they get on our ships. When exploring areas of outstanding beauty, such as Alaska and the Canadian Rockies, it makes sense to expand your horizons by seeing the best of both land and at sea. We believe our Heart of the Rockies plus Rail cruisetours deliver the best of both worlds and exemplify Princess Cruises’ commitment to providing our guests with exceptional experiences and unparalleled service.”
- Overnight stays at iconic Fairmont hotels such as Calgary Palliser Hotel, Banff Springs Hotel, Jasper Park Lodge and Waterfront Vancouver
- Luxury daylight Silverleaf rail service on the Rocky Mountaineer with the option to elevate the onboard experience to Goldleaf service for a supplemental charge.
- A visit to a UNESCO World Heritage Site: Banff National Park
- A tour onto the surface of Athabasca Glacier
- A fully escorted tour that includes most breakfasts and dinners
- Day 1 – Calgary: Arrive by air and stay at the Fairmont Palliser
- Day 2 – Calgary to Banff: Tour through Calgary before getting up close with highlights on the Trans-Canada Highway to Banff.
- Day 3 – Banff: Explore Moraine Lake in the dramatic Valley of the Ten Peaks.
- Day 4 – Banff to Jasper: Enjoy one of the world’s most scenic drives along Highway 93 (known as Icefield Parkway), before a once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of Athabasca Glacier.
- Day 5 – Jasper: Tour Pyramid and Patricia Lakes, Maligne Canyon and embrace views of Athabasca Glacier.
- Day 6 – Jasper to Kamloops: Board the Rocky Mountaineer for an overnight train journey to take in the sights of Miette River to Yellowhead Pass, Fraser River and North Thompson River before arriving in Kamloops.
- Day 7 – Kamloops to Vancouver: The train journey continues along the Thompson River through Fraser Canyon, through the fertile Fraser Delta en route to Vancouver.
- Day 8 – Vancouver: Enjoy a morning in Vancouver before boarding your Princess ship.
- Day 8 – 15 – choose between: seven nights on Royal Princess sailing from Vancouver to Anchorage (Whittier) or seven nights sailing roundtrip Vancouver on Ruby Princess
Contact us for additional information and to book your voyage with Princess Cruises.