When MSC Seascape sets sail in December 2022 children and family members of all ages will enjoy 98 hours of live entertainment per cruise, 700 square metres of dedicated kids’ space and cutting-edge amusement options featuring the latest technology, social media and interactive activities.
MSC Cruises has welcomed more than 350,000 young guests on its ships over the years and continues to expand the extraordinary experiences for all ages through award-winning programming and partnerships. With the rise in multi-generational travel and an increasing number of young guests on board, MSC Seascape will take family programming to another level with new and unforgettable experiences designed for multi-generations.
“We have invested heavily in the entertainment proposition for our youngest guests. We know they value the latest technology, trends and happenings more than any other group, and we lead the way in creating special holidays,” said Steve Leatham, MSC Cruises Global Head of Entertainment. “The ship programming is full of innovations in hardware and software, and we have taken care to ensure that all age groups have exclusive access to all the amazing venues and spaces onboard this amazing ship. We are working with many partners and producing much of the content ourselves, ensuring everything is relevant and fits with our amazing ships.”
NEWLY DESIGNED SPACES FOR AGES 0 TO 17
MSC Seascape will offer one of the largest children’s areas in the fleet with 700 square metres of dedicated space featuring a fresh, futuristic design. New spaces include:
- Two Lego rooms: The cruise line will build on its partnership with Lego, debuting two exclusively designed Lego rooms that cater to different experience levels. One room will offer Lego Duplo for ages 3 to 6, and the other room will cater to Juniors ages 7 to 11 with Lego bricks and the opportunity to earn a certificate for becoming a Lego Master Builder.
- Three new concept spaces for teens: Guests aged 12 to 17 will enjoy three new concept spaces with varying themes to engage with other kids their age. The first space will center around ‘Future’ and features a technology area with the latest generation consoles, VR and screens. The ‘Chill Out’ area will offer a place to teens to talk, exchange social media contacts and challenge each other to games of ping pong and foozeball. And the third space, celebrates ‘Music’ as a disco with light and sound effect, where kids will choose their own music late into the night.
NEW INTERACTIVE GAME SHOWS INCORPORATING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY
Family entertainment will bring people of all ages together aboard MSC Seascape, with live interactive games incorporating the latest technology. New game shows launching on MSC Seascape include:
- Break The Wall: During this new high-tech game, guests will stand in front of a giant technological wall that will determine which surprise tests must be performed on stage in front of a jury composed of the audience. Bringing an element of surprise and laughter, kids of all ages will be talking about this game for the entire trip.
- Vikings: For the first time on board an MSC Cruises ship, families can participate in an ‘edutaining’ game that will teach participants about the history of Vikings while presenting them with a fun unprecedented challenge at sea.
- Cabin 12006 – the secret game: Inspired by the MSC original ‘Cabin 12006’ web series, this immersive experience combines music, videos, Tik Tok trials, memory games, and more as guests try their hand at solving mysteries on board.
- Beat The Music: During this interactive and digital game show dedicated to music suitable for all ages, the whole family will be the star of the show. Guests can play the game through a dedicated app where parents will be challenged to know the latest music hits their kids are listening to and kids will have to guess the classics their parents love. With eliminations and prizes, the game is sure to be one of the most memorable experiences of the cruise.
In addition to these new family programming options, MSC Seascape will offer the signature experiences that have established MSC Cruises as the ideal option for family vacations. Other activities and entertainment that can be enjoyed on board include:
- Doremiland, the documentary: All cabins with children and teenagers will include an exclusive travel talk broadcast in the form of a documentary, immersing parents and kids in all the services and activities that await them during the cruise. This sensational behind-the-scenes documentary shows guests the secrets behind the creation of MSCs family product.
- MSC Dance Crew: Developed in partnership with Fremantle, the production company behind Idols, The X Factor and the Got Talent Series, this competition experience has teams of 10- to 17-year-olds battle to win the title of dance crew of the year.
- Cabin 12006 – the experience: MSC’s original web series, ‘Cabin 12006’, is now also a live entertainment experience consisting of seven different activities including a family game show and a casting session with performances.
- Teens Club: This room entirely dedicated to teenagers includes endless options for entertainment including a PlayStation5, Xbox X Series, Nintendo Switch, foosball, VR, table tennis, and billiards.
- TLS Teens Late Show: Each week, teens will be the cast of a real ‘Late Show’ live from the Teens Club that will focus on trends, music charts, guest stars, the most loved TV series, games and prizes.
- MSC Foundation Junior Ambassadors: The MSC Foundation provides young guests with the tools for understanding projects such as marine conservation, making them the center of dedicated activities involved in bettering the world.
For more information about MSC Seascape visit MSC Cruises.