Luxury cruise line Cunard proudly celebrates its 180th Anniversary in 2020 with a special sale on voyages between July 2020 and May 2022 on all three ships – Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria. Cunard is a luxury heritage brand that inaugurated scheduled mail service from North America to Europe in 1840 and continues to be a leader in innovative ocean travel today.
World-renowned Cunard is the operator of luxury cruise ships Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. Known for their impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment, all three Queens offer luxury accommodations in Britannia, Britannia Club, Princess Grill Suite and Queens Grill Suite staterooms.
Cunard is the only line to offer regularly scheduled Transatlantic service between New York and London, and it continues to celebrate the freedom of travel on exciting World Voyage and Grand Voyage itineraries that visit Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia.
To celebrate its 180th anniversary the cruise line is offering a promotion on voyages booked between February 28 and May 18, 2020 (new bookings only). The promotion applies to a variety of the line’s upcoming event voyages, signature Transatlantic Crossings and popular Alaska voyages. The offer is also available on Canada & New England, Europe, South America, Australia and Asia voyages.
“Cunard’s 180-year history has played a central role in creating the concept of luxury cruising today,” said Josh Leibowitz, SVP Cunard North America. “The brand spearheaded many industry firsts and has a continued commitment to its role as an innovator of engaging, meaningful and insightful ocean travel.”
The 180th Anniversary Sale features:
- $180 onboard credit per person when booking a balcony stateroom
- 50% reduced deposit
- Grill Suite bookings receive free gratuities and free drinks package
By taking advantage of this offer, guests have the opportunity to experience the following upcoming voyages and more:
Queen Mary 2
- A 7-night New England and Canada voyage from Quebec City to New York; Sept 18-25, 2020.
- Literature Festival at Sea, a 7-night Transatlantic Crossing from London to New York; Dec 1-8, 2020.
- A Full World Voyage, 99-night roundtrip from London; Jan 10 – April 19, 2021.
- A 12-night Norway and Northern Lights voyage roundtrip from London; Nov 4-16, 2020.
- A Full World Voyage, 108-nights roundtrip from London; Jan 10 – April 28, 2021.
- A 10-night Alaska voyage including Glacier Bay National Park, roundtrip from Vancouver; July 21-31, 2020.
- A 7-night Southern Australia voyage roundtrip from Sydney; March 2-9, 2022.
- An Australia and New Zealand Holiday Voyage, 14-nights roundtrip from Melbourne with New Year’s Eve in Auckland; Dec 22, 2020 – Jan 5, 2021.
Cunard will launch a yet-to-be-named fourth ship to its fleet in 2022. That same year will mark the 100th Anniversary of the World Voyage, which Cunard launched in 1922 when The American Express Company chartered Cunard’s Laconia to sail the first continuous circumnavigation of the globe by a passenger liner. Laconia sailed a 130-day voyage, calling at 22 ports. To commemorate the completion of this historic voyage the ‘Laconia Cup’ was presented to the Captain by American Express and today the Cup resides on Queen Victoria as the Cunard fleet continues the tradition of world cruising.
For more details on Cunard’s 180th Anniversary Sale click here.