Celebrity Summit is ready to turn heads after completing a dramatic transformation. The ship’s revitalization is the next chapter of THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION in which Celebrity Cruises is investing more than $500-million in upgrades across the fleet.
Celebrity Summit has emerged from a month-long bow-to-stern transformation. Thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors and members of the Celebrity team collaborated to ensure the flawless execution of the ship’s dramatic modernization. Celebrity Summit now offers completely redesigned staterooms and suites, an exclusive area for suite guests, reimagined restaurants, bars and lounges and a fully redesigned spa and casino. Celebrity Summit is also the first ship to feature Celebrity Cruises’ partnerships with American Ballet Theatre and Chef Daniel Boulud.
NEW STATEROOMS AND SUITES
When updating staterooms and suites, every detail was thought through, with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms, while turning to famed designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE, to refresh the gorgeous suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Summit.
Enhancements made to the staterooms and suites include:
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA and refreshed suite design by Kelly Hoppen
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms, with state-of-the-art finishes and fixtures
- An all-new exclusive open-air hideaway – known as The Retreat Sundeck – for suite guests designed by Hoppen, featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge – formerly Michael’s Club – an exclusive 24/7 lounge for suite guests designed by Hoppen, offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites and concierge service
- A total of 30 new staterooms, including 13 new AquaClass Staterooms, seven new Ocean View Staterooms and 10 new Inside Staterooms
NEW RESTAURANTS, BARS AND LOUNGES
Celebrity seized this transformational opportunity and reimagined many of the restaurants and lounges found on Celebrity Summit. In collaboration with renowned New York hospitality design firm BG Studio International, a longtime partner of Celebrity, the brand revealed:
- A transformed Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and delicious, globally inspired culinary offerings
- A revitalized Main Dining Room with more seating and updated fixtures, including the eye-catching ceiling design featuring interlocking metal rings and lighting
- A reimagined Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of inviting seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- A reimagined Rendezvous Lounge, perfect for hosting events and entertainment from day to night.
EVEN MORE UPGRADES
Guests will find luxurious enhancements across the ship including:
- Xcelerate Wi-Fi throughout the ship, and the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key
- Boutiques featuring some of the hottest designers in the world including Shinola, John Hardy, and TAG Heuer
- A new, wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea, transforming the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center, and locker rooms
- A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations
- An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, where therapeutic spaces and experiences, such as Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy
- An enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery, plus a sleek and sophisticated new design for The Casino both in partnership with HBA
- A redesigned Casino Bar, poised to be one of the most exciting places aboard to celebrate
- State-of-the-art slot machines that make The Casino one of the most cutting-edge gaming experiences at sea
Celebrity Summit is the second “Revolutionary” redesign for the brand, with Celebrity Equinox scheduled to enter dry-dock in May 2019 and six more ships to be modernized by 2023.