Cruise lovers who set sail on Carnival Cruise Line’s newest and most innovative ship Mardi Gras in late summer 2020, will enjoy an array of architectural features and designs that will enhance many aspects of its balcony, ocean view and interior staterooms.
When Mardi Gras sets sail in summer 2020 she will offer guests an array of
staterooms that reflect new and innovative design practices that are ergonomically-friendly and maximize visual space, clean lines, surfaces and storage.
Distinguished by muted turquoise hues, the staterooms are enhanced by design touches that include:
- Floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors on nearly all verandahs for easier balcony access
- New sofas that “flip” into a bed and foot stools that open up for storage
- Clear glass doors on the in-room mini-refrigerators to see what’s inside
- More 110V power outlets and USB connections both on the vanity and by the bed as well as more shelf space to accommodate electronic devices
- Flexible bedside reading lamps that allow guests to read without disturbing others
- A larger, customizable wardrobe with two pull-out bins, a sliding shoe rack, folding shelves and storage under the bed for luggage
- Spacious bathrooms with glass shower doors, a first for the line, along with an in-shower shaving bar
In addition to the newly redesigned staterooms with more balcony, ocean view and interior choices than ever before, Mardi Gras will offer favorites introduced on Carnival’s Vista-class including:
- The tropics-inspired Havana staterooms feature vibrant interiors and an outdoor patio space. These staterooms have access to an exclusive open deck with sun loungers, Cuban-themed bar and relaxation pool
- Extra-roomy Family Harbor accommodations with their nautical décor are located near Camp Ocean, the children’s facility, and have access to the Family Harbor Lounge, an exclusive spot with breakfast and snacks throughout the day, plus board games, family movies, video games and more
- Cloud 9 Spa staterooms feature exclusive, soothing décor, spa bathrobes and slippers as well as Elemis toiletries. These accommodations offer privileges to the ship’s spa
Mardi Gras will also offer the most suites of any Carnival ship, a total of more than 180 of varying size and locations. Exciting details on the ship’s suites and amenities will be announced in mid-April, including the premium level Carnival Excel Suites, which will include a set of exclusive features and offerings.
The new accommodations are the perfect complement to Mardi Gras’ exciting activities and attractions, including BOLT, the first roller coaster at sea, and six distinct themed zones with popular dining, libation, entertainment and activity offerings.
Mardi Gras is currently under construction at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Turku, Finland, and will begin her inaugural season in Europe on August 31, 2020, before repositioning to New York for a series of voyages. Mardi Gras will then shift to Port Canaveral for year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises beginning in October 2020.
To learn more about Carnival Cruise Line or book your cabin on board Mardi Gras visit Carnival.com.