MSC Cruises is launching MSC for Me a game changing innovation programme designed to fully optimize and create a taylor made holiday at sea.
In response to an increasing demand for real-time flexibility MSC Cruises has developed MSC for Me, a programme focused on connecting guests to their desired holiday experience through cutting-edge technology.
MSC for Me will provide guests with over 130 smart features geared toward a fully optimized holiday experience. Some of the key characteristics include:
– Navigation: a digital way finder will provide guests on board with advice, guidance and information on what’s on. The technology will help guests find their way on the 300+ metre long ships with a 5 metre precision. It also allows guests to locate their children.
– Concierge: allowing guests to easily book services, restaurants, excursions and more in real time, 24/7.
– Capture: a digital immersive discovery through virtual reality to preview excursions and a gallery with interactive screens showing the unique story of a guest’s trip, which they can share in real time.
– Organiser: a planning tool for guests to check in with their mobile device, book trips, seats for shows, or the best dinner table, before embarking or when on board.
– TailorMade: this digital, personal advisor will provide tailored recommendations, based on preferences. Intelligent face recognition will help staff take care of guests in a highly personalised way. Interactive bracelets will connect guests’ to the ship’s services and will activate geo-located suggestions through 3,050 Bluetooth beacons.
Luca Pronzati, MSC Cruises’ Chief Innovation Officer: “This journey started three years ago and today guests are less than 90 days away to experience a whole new cruise experience.” He continued: “We are bringing some of the latest and most-advanced solutions and technology on board our ships – in fact, this is where most of these will be available for the first time ever on a cruise ship. Like smart, connected cities, but with the added complexity of being at sea, our fleet will demonstrate MSC Cruises’ commitment to true innovation today and for years to come, making our ships a holiday destination in their own right.”
MSC for Me will bring to the sea some of the very latest advances in customer-centric technology, in a programme designed to meet the needs of guests for years to come. It will debut on MSC Meraviglia. The company’s first next-generation new mega-ship which is coming into service this June, will be fitted with 16,000 points of connectivity, 700 digital access points, 358 informative and interactive screens, and 2,244 cabins with RFID/NFC access technology. The programme will next be rolled out on MSC Seaside in November and MSC Seaview and MSC Bellissima, which will come into service in June 2018 and March 2019, before being launched fleetwide.