While last year Royal Caribbean was on the lookout for a Royal Godmother, for it’s newest cruise ship Harmony of the Seas, this year they are looking for someone who wants to take part in an Instagram ‘intern-ship’ during the summer of 2017.
With 25 of the world’s most innovative and spectacular cruise ships visiting over 250 destinations worldwide every year, Royal Caribbean offers guests extraordinary experiences every day. To kick off the new year, Royal Caribbean UK & Ireland is on the search for an #ExtraordinaryExplorer to join their fleet and document the extraordinary on social media.
During three consecutive weeks, between June and July 2017, he or she will explore the world and immerse themselves in the extraordinary moments, experiences and stories that take place on land and at sea, and share them with the world via Instagram.
The ideal candidate, described as a hybrid between a photographer, documentary maker and a storyteller must meet the following criteria:
– be skilled in Instagram with extensive knowledge of all 23 filters
– demonstrate an exemplary ability to capture stunning views, extraordinary experiences, beautiful sunsets and amazing stories on social media
– be available to travel for three consecutive weeks between June – July 2017 to regions including New York, the Caribbean, Asia and the Mediterranean
– possess an inquisitive nature, love storytelling and enjoy sharing experiences
– have an unbeatable sense of adventure and hunger for the extraordinary
– own a smartphone
The extraordinary Explorer will receive a three week travel package, which includes transport on three company cruise ships, including Ovation of the Seas (Beijing), Anthem of the Seas (New York) and Freedom of the Seas (Barcelona). He (or she) will receive complimentary access to climbing walls, Flowrider, restaurants, swimming pools, zip wires, water-slides and onboard fitness facilities. All travel, accommodation and daily expenses will be included. In addition, and upon completion of all Royal Caribbean tasks and the 3 cruises, the lucky participant will also receive £3,000 in prize money . A company uniform is however not supplied, the explorer will have to bring his (or her) own swimmers, sandals & shades…
To apply you must be a UK and Republic of Ireland citizen, minimum 21 years old, and post your most extraordinary travel photo or short video on Instagram, tagging @RoyalCaribbeanUK and #ExtraordinaryExplorer. Applications close 31st January 2017.
The full terms and conditions can be found here.