Princess Cruises has announced its 2022-2023 South America & Antarctica cruises and cruisetours onboard Sapphire Princess. Guests can delight in South America’s vibrant culture and cuisine while exploring some of the world’s most dramatically diverse landscapes and breathtaking beauty of Antarctica.
During her 2022-2023 season in South America & Antarctica, Sapphire Princess will visit 19 destinations in 10 countries on six unique itineraries. Below are some of the season’s highlights which will definitely whet your appetite:
Antarctica & Cape Horn
- Four days cruising the Antarctica region and a special holiday sailing which includes both Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Antarctica & Cape Horn (16 days): Santiago, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Antarctic Peninsula scenic cruising, Falkland Islands, Montevideo and Buenos Aires
- December 19, 2022, January 20, 2023; reverse itinerary on January 4, 2023
Cape Horn & Strait of Magellan
- Overnight in Buenos Aires including scenic cruising of the spectacular Amalia Glacier
- (14 days): Buenos Aires (overnight), Montevideo, Puerto Madryn, Falkland Islands, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Puerto Montt and Santiago
- February 5 and March 5, 2023; reverse itinerary on February 19, 2023
Andes & South America
- Overnight in Lima (Callao), Peru with an optional overland land tour to UNESCO World Heritage Site, Machu Picchu
- Andes & South America (17 days): Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Costa Rica, Lima (overnight), Pisco, La Serena and Santiago – December 2, 2022
- Andes & South America (18 days): Santiago, La Serena, Pisco, Lima (overnight), Manta, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles – March 19, 2023
- Overnight in Bueno Aires and Lima
- Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure (32 days): Bueno Aires (overnight), Montevideo, Puerto Madryn, Falkland Islands, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Puerto Montt, Santiago, La Serena, Pisco, Lima (overnight), Manta, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles – March 5, 2023
- Antarctica, Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure (33 days): Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Costa Rica, Lima (overnight), Pisco, La Serena, Santiago, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Antarctic Peninsula scenic cruising, Falkland Islands, Montevideo and Buenos Aires – December 2, 2022
For guests wishing to combine a land tour before or after their cruise, Princess offers two cruisetours for South America:
- Iguazú Falls Adventure – features the thundering Iguazú Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as a visit to Rio de Janeiro.
- Machu Picchu Explorer – visits the ancient Inca compound, Machu Picchu, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, plus a tour of the historic city of Cusco.
What can you expect on board Sapphire Princess?
Sapphire Princess showcases the MedallionClass Experience, offering a number of new features that leverage touchless technologies and significantly enhance and personalise the guest experience, as well as support new health protocols.
Also read: Sapphire Princess, a modern-day Love Boat
The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card to significantly expand touch-free options and personalisation on board, including:
- Touchless embarkation and disembarkation
- Keyless stateroom entry
- Completely touchless commerce
- Simplified safety training
- On-demand food, beverages and retail items delivered anywhere on board
- Guest service requests via mobile device chat
- Location-based gaming and wagering
- Entertainment content via smart devices
Sapphire Princess also offers the best Wi-Fi at sea, MedallionNet, so you can stay connected to the things and people you love and share vacation memories with ease. MedallionNet offers unprecedented connectivity that’s fast, unlimited, reliable, and affordable with an access point in every stateroom. Part from connecting you to your favorite social media sites it also allows you to stream your favorite movies, shows, games and music. With MedallionNet you can also video chat from anywhere on the ship.
For more information and bookings visit princess.com.