Inspired by the mystical powers of the sea, Explora Journey’s Ocean Wellness is a concept specially curated to help guests attain an Ocean State of Mind.
Guests on board EXPLORA I will not only be exhilarated by the travel discoveries they encounter on their journey, they will also have a chance to slow down, optimise their wellbeing, and find a renewed sense of calm and centredness.
Welcome to Ocean Wellness
Ocean Wellness aboard Explora Journeys offers an array of highly effective, restorative experiences far removed from urban noise and the always-on digital culture. Guests on EXPLORA I can immerse themselves in tranquillity, at one with the rhythm of the ocean. Sleep, relaxation, mindfulness, energy and immunity-boosting are addressed holistically, producing a deep sense of physical and spiritual renewal enhanced by the revitalising influence of the sea.
Over 1,000 sq m (10,764 sq ft) of space is dedicated to a luxurious spa, indoor and outdoor wellness areas, contemporary fitness facilities, outdoor Sports Court and Running Track.
“The philosophy behind Ocean Wellness is deeply rooted in Explora Journeys’ origins,” says Julanda Marais, Senior Lead Spa Operations. “We’ve long understood the powerful effect of water and waves on body, mind and soul. This is the inspiration for Ocean Wellness. We want to give our guests a feeling of refined simplicity, relaxed luxury, and complete mental and physical replenishment.”
Ocean Wellnes – The Spa
A place to soothe and heal, or simply a haven for pampering, Ocean Wellness – The Spa mirrors the gentle, hypnotic effect of the ocean, allowing the pressures of daily life to recede. With over 700 sq m (7,500 sq ft) of space dedicated to treatments and wellness facilities, there is just one aim: to do everything possible to help guests switch off and truly relax.
- Treatment rooms: There are 11 treatment rooms, including two Private Spa Suites with their own outdoor relaxation area; one double and seven single treatment rooms; an additional treatment room dedicated to specialised Medi Luxe Treatments by Dr Levy Switzerland; and an outdoor space in which guests can relax.
- Beauty Studio: The flowing layout allows guests to enjoy all their grooming requirements in one tranquil space, from replenishing hair and barber treatments in the hair salon to bespoke hand and foot treatments in the nail salon.
- Sensorial Therapeutic Circuit: Guests will find a wide array of facilities in the thermal wellness area that produce significant and noticeable benefits: the Hydrotherapy Pool, a Steam Room, Finnish Sauna, Salt Cave, Experience Shower, Ice Fall and Heated Marble Loungers.
A selection of partner brands has been meticulously chosen to give guests the gifts of Ocean Wellness, sourced by experts who understand the Ocean State of Mind and how it is achieved. Explora Journeys’ approach to skincare is curated and personalised. Only sustainable products containing first-class active ingredients with high concentrations of botanical, marine and biological extracts are used in the Spa.
Ocean Wellness – Fitness
The saying, ‘Healthy body, healthy mind,’ originated in the first century AD. Today, science has gone further by proving that exercise is crucial to a strong immune system, lower stress levels, high self-esteem, a balanced mood, good sleep quality and elevated energy. This knowledge is at the heart of the Ocean Wellness – Fitness ethos. Featuring 227 sq m (2,443 sq ft) of indoor space and more than 64 sq m (688 sq ft) of unparalleled outdoor fitness facilities, Ocean Wellness – Fitness also offers a Sports Court for half-court basketball as well as a panoramic running track and touch tennis. From an initial physical assessment to functional and strength training, cardio and Pilates, in bespoke sessions or group classes, it is totally focused on motivating guests to optimise their health.
- Fitness Centre: From the fitness assessment area to the Centre’s contemporary Technogym Artis equipment, there is a well-balanced workout to help every individual become the best version of themselves.
- Fitness Studio: Here, guests can take part in tailor-made Technogym classes designed specifically for Explora Journeys, or they can target core strength and balance using Pilates reformers.
- Open Air Fitness: Offering an unparalleled spectrum of fitness facilities with ultra-modern equipment that gives an astonishing variety of exercise options, this is the perfect area for solo or one-to-one training sessions.
- Running Track: Encircling the ship is a 250 m (820 ft) track where runners can enjoy commanding ocean views while they do laps.
- Sports Court: The ideal space for touch tennis, half-court basketball, or yoga ritual experiences.
- In-suite Fitness: All guests have the option of training in their ocean-front suites or their suite terraces, encouraged by a virtual coach. This is made possible by Technogym Bench, the sleek strength-training station with enclosed tools, and Technogym Case Kit with its QR code access to a digital library of guided video exercises with trainers supported by Technogym.
Ocean Wellness – Wellbeing
Guests on EXPLORA I have an opportunity to enrich their sense of wellbeing with tailor-made consultations and retreat programmes ranging from sleep and immune boosting to nutrition. Designed to make staying well while on holiday easy and enjoyable, they help to achieve a state of inner and outer calm. A carefully designed mindful nutrition programme for guests, created in close collaboration with Explora Journeys’ culinary team, demonstrates how best to nourish body and mind to help maintain their wellbeing during and beyond their journey.
Ocean wellness – Yoga
The benefits of yoga as a way of regulating the nervous system and its response to stress are well researched. Guests are introduced to a range of programmes designed to de-stress physically and mentally.
Yoga programmes include Energy flow power classes to replenish stamina and strength; Sleep Yoga to induce deep slumber; Relaxation Yoga to rekindle a sense of self-worth; Mindfulness Yoga to anchor body and mind through meditation; and Immune-Boosting Yoga to support health and reduce anxiety via pranayama breathing techniques.