Christmas time is definitely the best time to cruise: The ships are beatufully decorated and there is that special feeling as guests and crew are in a jolly and cheerful mood. Yes, holiday sailings are definitely the best!
One of the best places to celebrate the season, reconnect with old friends and make new acquaintances is on board Crystal. “The holidays are a special time on Crystal, there’s really nothing else like it,” says Jack Anderson, Crystal president says: “The holidays are a special time on Crystal, there’s really nothing else like it.”
But what makes a holiday sailing with Crystal so unique? Whether you are spending the holidays on a tropical sandy beach, on a river cruise in Europe or following your wanderlust to the ultimate winter wonderland of Antarctica, Crystal takes you on a journey with holiday displays and special touches, from sparkling trees and garlands to life-sized toy soldiers, reindeer, menorahs and more. But on board Crystal ships there is always more. While the ships are in a festive atmosphere with ornate decorations, there is caroling amidst faux snowfalls, elaborate gingerbread villages, special entertainment and, of course, the authentic six-star Crystal-service. And best of all the restaurants serve exquisite, Michelin-level dishes created by Crystal’s talented chefs, so there’s no cooking (or cleaning up!).
Crystal’s holiday sailings are extremely popular with repeat guests often get a head start on their vacation planning by booking a holiday voyage while enjoying their current holiday sailing. This way they are able to secure the stateroom, itinerary and cruise duration of their choice. So for those new to the brand now is the best time to book a holiday sailing to experience why a Crystal Ocean, River or Expedition voyage is the best way to spend the holidays.
In 2022, Crystal will feature more than 20 December sailings, from the warm waters of the Caribbean to the famed Christmas markets of the Rhine and the Danube rivers to storied lands of the Middle East and even expedition voyages to the icy wonderland of Antarctica.
Here’s a look at some of Crystal’s 7- to 15-night holiday offerings departing over Hanukkah, Christmas and New Year’s in 2022:
- Crystal Endeavor (Dec. 12-23, 2022, round-trip from Ushuaia) – This 11-night “Expedition Antarctica” cruise is highlighted by a crossing of the famed Drake Passage, along with multiple days at the South Shetlands Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Crystal Symphony (Dec.16-23, 2022, round-trip from Abu Dhabi) – This week-long “Pearls of Arabia” adventure visits Doha, Qatar (overnight call); Manama, Bahrain; and Dubai, UAE (overnight call).
- Crystal Bach (Dec. 17-24, 2022, Basel to Amsterdam) – Guests on this 7-night “Christmas Time on the Rhine (Northbound)” visit Strasbourg, France; and Mannheim, Rüdesheim, Koblenz (overnight call), and Cologne, Germany.
- Crystal Mozart (Dec. 19-26, 2022, round-trip from Vienna) – This 7-night “Danube Holiday Wonders” voyage features Esztergom and Budapest (overnight call), Hungary; Bratislava, Slovakia; and Aggsbach, Melk and Linz, Austria.
- Crystal Serenity (Dec. 21, 2022- Jan. 4, 2023, round-trip from Miami) – This two-week-long journey appropriately named “East to West Caribbean Celebration” calls at Key West, Fla.; Costa Maya, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Port Royal, Jamaica; St. John’s, Antigua and Barbuda; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos.
- Crystal Symphony (Dec. 23, 2022-Jan. 7, 2023, Abu Dhabi to Mumbai) – This 15-night “Dazzling Dubai & Taj Mahal” voyage begins with an overnight call in Abu Dhabi followed by visits to Kuwait City, Kuwait; Manama, Bahrain; Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE; Doha, Qatar; Dubai, UAE (double overnight call); Muscat, Oman; and Mumbai (Bombay), India (double overnight call).
- Crystal Endeavor (Dec. 23, 2022-Jan. 7, 2023, round-trip from Ushuaia) – This 15-night “Holiday Expedition: Falkland Islands & Antarctica” cruise includes explorations of the Falkland Islands, Port Stanley and Elephant Island, as well as visits to the Antarctic Peninsula and the crossing of Drake Passage.
- Crystal Mahler (Dec. 23, 2022-Jan. 2, 2023, Basel to Amsterdam) – This 10-night “Holidays on the Rhine” voyage includes overnight calls in Strasbourg, France; and Mannheim, Germany, followed by five additional German ports – Koblenz, Cochem, Trier, Bernkastel, and Cologne.
- Crystal Bach (Dec. 24, 2022 – Jan. 2, 2023, round-trip from Amsterdam) – Guests on this nine-night “Revel on the Rhine” visit Cologne, Rüdesheim, Mannheim, Koblenz, Germany; and Arnhem, Netherlands.
- Crystal Mozart (Dec. 26, 2022-Jan. 2, 2023, round-trip from Vienna) – This week-long “Spectacular Danube Holiday” voyage features visits to Dürnstein, Melk and Linz, Austria, followed by a call at Passau, Germany then a visit to Krems, Austria.